Cybersecurity service providers – including MSPs with a security component, traditional security-focused MSSPs, and more detection & response focused MDRs – need to continuously adapt to keep up with ever-changing customer needs and the ever-evolving threat landscape. This of course covers all aspects of our traditional People, Process, and Technology Framework. In this white paper, we’ll examine one part of the technical portion of the framework: Endpoint Detection & Response (EDR).
Not all EDR solutions provide the same visibility and capabilities. This paper details five important considerations you should use when assessing an EDR solution:
- Does your current EDR solution provide sufficient visibility across your entire fleet?
- Is your current EDR solution built with service providers in mind?
- Does your current EDR solution provide sufficient response action capabilities?
- Does your current EDR vendor compete with your services business?
- Is your current EDR solution designed to be integrated into your existing security stack?