In effect since 26 March 2018 - Last revision date: 16 May 2018
For EclecticIQ B.V. and its group member companies ("EclecticIQ") it is an essential goal to ensure that we protect the information entrusted to us by you, our customers and the users of our EclecticIQ websites or services. At EclecticIQ we are committed to upholding the highest privacy and data protection standards. This is critical for the maintenance of your privacy and for the professional standards to which EclecticIQ is holding itself. We also believe it is important to be transparent when it comes to our information handling and we are committed to fulfilling the requirements under the General Data Protection Regulation ("Algemene Verordening Gegevensbescherming") (hereafter referred to as "GDPR") and for you to be able to exercise your rights thereunder.
In this privacy statement we will use the terminology as defined in the GDPR. We will update this privacy statement regularly in order to ensure ongoing compliance with the GDPR and further developments and we advise that you check our website regularly for updates. This privacy statement is not applicable to any internet websites controlled by third parties not affiliated with the EclecticIQ group that our websites or services may link to. We assume no liability for the contents of such third-party websites.
Controller and processor
EclecticIQ established in Amsterdam, The Netherlands will be considered the controller and may use other EclecticIQ group companies and external entities as processors provided that the necessary data protection safeguards will be in place.
When using the words "we", "us" or "our" reference is being made to both the controller and processor. The details for contacting us are available at https://www.eclecticiq.com/contact.
Purposes of personal data processing. Why and on what grounds do we process your personal data?
We may process your personal data for the following purposes:
- To respond to any queries that you may have;
- For marketing and business development activities, such as newsletters, invitations or registration for our events and other marketing communications that may be of interest to you;
- For you to obtain a particular service, product and/or resource offered by us on our website;
- To handle your job application;
- To optimize your use of the website or services in order to have an experience which is truly tailored to you based on your personal data;
- For the performance of a contractual relationship with you;
- To comply with the legal obligations, we are subject to in The Netherlands or in other jurisdictions. Most of these legal obligations are related to the processing of so-called special categories of personal data;
- For reasons of legitimate interests if these do not fall within the scope of the performance of a contract with you or pursuant to a legal obligation. For example, there is often a need to process your personal data for scientific research purposes or statistical purposes or for research in the public interest. Furthermore, there may be a legitimate interest where the collecting and processing of personal data relates to prevention or mitigations of incidents and threats.
We will process your personal data using one or more of the following legal grounds:
- Performance of a contract
- Compliance with a legal obligation
- Legitimate interest;
- Your consent;
We only process your personal data for the above purposes and ensure that it is only available to those organizations and people who have a legitimate need to know and who would require access.
Sharing and retaining personal data
We may share your personal data with i.a. below third parties or successors thereof:
- EclecticIQ and EclecticIQ group member companies such as EclecticIQ North America, Inc., EclecticIQ affiliates, agents and service providers, as well as our legal representatives and our auditors;
And only upon its request and provided the request has been submitted on legitimate grounds:
- Local, European and International supervisory authorities;
- Any competent courts or judiciary authorities pursuant to data protection disputes
Data security and transfer of personal data
We take data security extremely serious and are continuously looking for ways to keep enhancing our data security standards. For instance we use SSL connections whenever processing sensitive data and our 3rd party API tokens come equipped with high level encryption.
Disclosures to an entity as set out above may entail that we are required to transfer your information to countries which do not meet the standard of having an adequate level of protection. In such case we have procedures designed and in place to ensure compliance with the applicable data protection laws to protect your personal data.
Queries and other rights
You have rights under the GDPR regarding any personal data which we process, such as the right to access the personal data concerning you. Furthermore, you have the right to correct, to remove, to restrict or, under circumstances, to request us to port personal data. If you wish to exercise your rights or have questions, remarks or complaints regarding the collection or use of your personal data or regarding this privacy notice, please contact the website or service provider first. At EclecticIQ we have a designated Data Protection Officer who may be contacted for these purposes as well at email@example.com. If you believe that we do not comply with privacy and data protection regulations, you may file a complaint with our Data Protection Officer or alternatively with the Dutch Data Protection Authority (Autoriteit Persoonsgegevens), which you can contact via www.autoriteitpersoonsgegevens.nl.
What are cookies?
Cookies are small files that record and store on your device the details of your activity when visiting a website. Cookies help to analyze web traffic and allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences. Certain cookies may contain personal data, for example, if you click to "remember me" when logging in, a cookie may store your username.
What cookies does EclecticIQ use?
EclecticIQ uses different types of cookies. A list of types of cookies used by EclecticIQ can be found below.
We use security cookies to authenticate users, prevent fraudulent use of login credentials and protect user data from unauthorized parties.
Processes cookies help make the website work and deliver services you expect when coming to our website, like navigating around web pages or access secure areas of the website.
Web analytics helps us to understand how our visitors engage with our website. We are always looking to learn from our customers and prospective customers, so we can improve our offerings.
For further information on how we handle your personal data please visit our privacy statement.