IT security teams are facing a rapidly evolving threat landscape and an ever-expanding attack surface. This results in your security team being flooded with alerts about new threats while paradoxically being blind to a plethora of asymptomatic threats lurking in your environment.
The Visibility Issue
Surveys consistently show that visibility across the entire infrastructure is a persistent and growing issue. This could be due to an ... Read more
Surveys consistently show that visibility across the entire infrastructure is a persistent and growing issue. This could be due to an inability to keep up with ever-changing infrastructure and a concurrent lack of sufficient telemetry to cover the breadth of devices and/or the depth of data collection.
The Threat Hunting Concern
Security teams are overburdened with alerts, generally based solely on IOCs which are difficult to correlate and result in too many ... Read more
Security teams are overburdened with alerts, generally based solely on IOCs which are difficult to correlate and result in too many false positives.
The Interoperability Difficulty
The typical security team has too many security tools – an average of about 20 and 60 for small- and mid-sized organizations, ... Read more
The typical security team has too many security tools – an average of about 20 and 60 for small- and mid-sized organizations, respectively, and over 130 for large organizations, according to a recent survey – which results in too many gaps in coverage, too many screens to monitor, and too many manual processes.
The Burnout Worry
Overburdened security teams results in burnout, causing experience team members to consider changing careers or leaving their job. This ... Read more
Overburdened security teams results in burnout, causing experience team members to consider changing careers or leaving their job. This not only adds to the stress of the remaining team but also puts the organization at risk of a devastating attack.
The Collaboration Obstacle
The inability to easily and effectively collaborate with peers – both within the organization and across the industry – means defenders ... Read more
The inability to easily and effectively collaborate with peers – both within the organization and across the industry – means defenders are left fighting solo battles against hordes of coordinated attackers.
The Alignment Challenge
Most security teams do not feel they are sufficiently aligned with the rest of the business, creating issues in visibility as the ... Read more
Most security teams do not feel they are sufficiently aligned with the rest of the business, creating issues in visibility as the business jumps into new technology areas to improve competitiveness and in funding as security’s role in revenue-protection is not adequately understood.
To handle the expanding attack surface and evolving threat landscape, you must quickly and effectively convert massive volumes of raw telemetry data into actionable insights. This process is critical for equipping your defenders to hunt for, detect, and respond to threats in your environment. To obtain this actionable insight, you need a solution that will:
- Weave intelligence throughout the platform to inform threat analysts and hunters alike about “known knowns” as well as elusive and sophisticated unknown threats lurking in your environment.
- Move beyond IOCs by focusing on TTP-based alerts that improve hunting and detection of critical threats and avoid overwhelming your SOC team with red alerts or false positives.
- Leverage an open and flexible architecture so you can quickly integrate the solution into your existing security stack with minimal disruption to your workflow.
- Deliver an unparalleled breadth of capabilities for quick isolation, investigation, and remediation, supported by comprehensive, low-impact monitoring of Windows, macOS, and Linux endpoints – as well as cloud workloads.
- Provide a collaborative approach to data sharing and case building to democratize and improve skills across your SOC and SecOps teams. And even across the community.
EclecticIQ Platform, built with Intelligence at the core™, helps you mitigate risk from cyberattacks. The platform comprises a range of analyst- and responder-centric products and services that allow you to:
- Operationalize threat intelligence. Reimagine delivery and use of threat intelligence to overcome challenges in speed, scale, and team effectiveness.
- Power threat hunting, detection, and response. Leverage our intelligence-led technology and services to proactively hunt for, detect, and respond to changing threats to your environment.
- Accelerate collaboration. Create collaborative environments internally and with outside organizations while retaining complete control of your data. Expand opportunities to create and contribute to unique cyberthreat knowledge bases.
- Leverage open and extensible technology. Build on open standards and technologies like STIX & TAXII for reliable intelligence exchange and osquery for cutting-edge endpoint visibility. Take advantage of our extensive catalog of prebuilt extensions, and apps for leading threat intelligence feeds and security controls and powerful REST API and SDK tools for developers.
Identify and stop threats faster by improving your hunting, detection, and response efforts with:
- Multiple sources of threat intelligence that are built in and work together to inform automated analysis for more reliable detections and fewer false positives.
- Reliance on TTPs and context, not IOCs alone, to achieve detections earlier in the attack cycle and accelerate time to resolution.
- Smooth integration of capabilities into your existing workflows, dashboards, or other toolsets for reduced training time, user fatigue, and tool overload.
- Detection and extensive remediation capabilities supplied by fewer tools, helping to streamline your security stack.
- Easy collaboration across your SOC, your red, blue, or purple teams, external organizations, and the industry as a whole.