We are looking for an experienced Integration Software Engineer that can help us lead development of next generation of Integrations around our product, pre-dominatly using Python. We have Python based SDK on top of which we are building Extensions for our product as standalone modules, but we also build different types of Integrations depending on what we're integrating with.
This role assumes Leadership role so ability to lead a small team is a MUST.
Our product, EIQ Platform, is a web UI / REST API-based platform built with Python 3 on top of frameworks like Flask, SQLAlchemy, and Celery. It relies on data stores like PostgreSQL and Elasticsearch. The codebase consists of several modules/libraries spread over the application.
As an ideal candidate, you have relevant experience working on large, robust, high-performance applications using similar technologies; you can responsibly build on and improve them. You also have solid experience in developing Integrations through various APIs and other means.
- Independently build new Integrations and Integrations related product Features using mostly Python in an Agile environment
- Resolve Integrations related issues
- Deliver work with a DevOps approach (you run the code you wrote) and be compliant with the team's Definition Of Done.
- Profile Python code, write unit and integration tests, take part in performance testing.
- Perform code reviews and participate in technical design sessions with the rest of Engineering team.
- Closely collaborate with fellow Engineers and Product team members to design and implement product solutions that meet our quality criteria.
- 5+ years’ professional experience.
- 4+ years’ experience building robust applications and/or products, out of which at least 2 years with Python.
- 2+ years’ experience building various integrations with focus on REST JSON APIs.
- Understanding design patterns in use for modern Python development.
- Appreciation for clean code, thorough testing, and API design.
- Critical and innovative thinking.
- Strong experience with ELT, specifically around data wrangling and transformation.
- Demonstrable track record working with the developing, implementing and testing SOA based applications using a variety of languages and technologies.
- Demonstrable track record working with the key Integration technologies such as ESBs and Messaging services (ActiveMQ/RabbitMQ)
- Demonstrable experience working with the following technologies: Linux, Git, SQL, REST, JSON, XML, HTTP.
Nice to have
- Design data models for complex data structures.
- Complex multi-tier application profiling.
- Experience with NoSQL databases in general.
- Familiarity with the following Python frameworks: Flask, SQLAlchemy, Celery.
- Familiarity with the following data stores: PostgreSQL, Elasticsearch.
- Familiarity with AWS and cloud computing concepts in general.
- Familiarity with DevOps and automation tools like Jenkins, Ansible, Hashicorp suite of tools, and other tools.