The Technical Support and DevOPS Analyst has a good understanding and experience of enterprise software support, as well as of DevOPS tools and techniques, and works to bring the two worlds together, for the ultimate benefit of our customers.
The Support&DevOPS Analyst is hands-on and capable of working on complex technical issues where in-depth knowledge, applied skills, patience and precision are required.
The (Senior) Analyst may also contribute to the development of delivery and support methods for our products and services (example areas: integrations lab, demonstration facilities, support problem reproduction infrastructure, intelligence delivery network, cloud infrastructure, etc).
· As part of the Support team, works collaboratively with other teams (Consulting, Product, Engineering, etc) as well as with partners and suppliers to support our products and services, takes ownership to answer and solve customer support issues
· Communicates clearly and effectively with customers verbally and in written format, mostly remotely (via e-mail, phone, teleconference, web, social media, etc)
· Is confident and comfortable to own, do RCA (Root Cause Analysis), and to successfully see to resolution various types of customer issues
· Designs, implements and maintains software configuration management systems for the Solutions department, with a relentless focus on automation and on general operational improvement. On occasion, write some Python code and optimize Linux-based systems for our software.
· Supports the Professional Services consultants with in-the-field customer product or service issues, as appropriate and required (e.g. diagnostic scripts, etc)
a) Must have
· Professional and personal integrity, strong ethics
· Very English good communication (verbal, listening, reading and writing) skills
· Minimum of five years of experience and practice of software product support and customer interaction and/or DevOPS
· Demonstrable good experience working with Ansible, AWS, Docker
· Sound knowledge (theoretical and applied) of internet technologies (IP routing, DNS, Web services, network security and software application security)
· Linux knowledge – good: able to work on various distributions (CentOS, Ubuntu, etc) and to troubleshoot various configurations, including networking and virtual machines, RPM installations, software and DB issues, etc
· Scripting – very good: able to write, to manage and to use various scripts (Shell, Python, PERL, etc), troubleshoot product, apply patches, automate tasks
· Very good people and customer facing skills, respectful, polite, helpful and friendly
· A collaborative, “can-do”, positive attitude
· A willingness to continuously learn and to improve themselves as a professional and as a human being
b) Nice to have (one or more of the below)
· Familiarity with Jenkins, Terraform, Packer, Git
· Familiarity with JIRA and TargetProcess
· Database knowledge, PostgreSQL or similar
· Familiarity with Data Analytics, e.g. Hadoop, SPARK, Elasticsearch, etc.
· Foreign languages
· Willingness to work non-standard business hours sometimes and/or in a shift pattern (this is not in operation at present, but the company may move to 24x7x365 support in the future)
· Willingness and ability to travel, including internationally (not very often)
· Ability to achieve clearances in support of business requirements