The Technical Project Manager is a key contributor to our customer success journeys and to getting our products and services adopted, used, and delivering value to our customers, worldwide.
He/she can contribute to the development of new ideas and delivery methods for our products and services, and, also, is capable of working on and leading the resolution of complex customer issues, in collaboration with other people.
The Project Manager is able to articulate the major aspects of the EclecticIQ solutions and is persuasive in communicating value to the client, as well as capable of influencing client decision making criteria.
· Delivery: Owns, drives and reports on the delivery of a variety of projects centered around our product and services offerings, at all stages of engagement with the customer.
· Communication: Ensures customer reporting and all communications are clear, timely and sustained. Can deliver business level presentations, informing stakeholders and keeping technical and non-technical resources engaged, informed and focused on the required tasks/actions.
· Collaboration: Works with other departments (Sales, Product, Engineering, etc) to deliver successful customer engagements, leading to happy users and to high customer satisfaction.
· Engagement: Identifies present and potential issues, manages conflict, explores alternatives, frames problem situations correctly and offers options for making progress. Knows when to escalate and is able to keep all parties (e.g. customer, suppliers, partners and our staff) invested in the final successful outcome of the project and, also, feeling appreciated for their efforts and contribution.
· Professional and personal integrity, strong ethics
· Effective planning, prioritisation and project management skills – able to back it up with examples
· Very good communication skills, in English, written and spoken; good command of office communication tools (MS Word, MS Powerpoint, MS Project, or equivalents)
· Very good people and customer facing skills, respectful, polite, helpful and friendly
· A good understaning of enterprise IT / IT security processes and the value-add of project management
· Minimum of five years work experience in enterprise environments
· A collaborative, “can-do” positive attitude
· A willingness to continuously learn, and improve themselves as a professional and as a human being
· Foreign languages (European languages e.g. Dutch, German, French, Spanish, Russian, Chinese, Arabic, etc)
· Some foundational knowledge of information security (e.g. standards, or practice)
· Experience in a variety of environments and models (traditional/waterfall, agile, etc)
· Business analysis skills (e.g. using MS Excel or equivalents)
· Bid management, proposal creation, RFP/RFI response experience
· Willingness and ability to travel, including internationally
· Ability to achieve security clearances in support of business requirements