The Security Solutions Consultant is regarded as a subject matter expert in cyber threat defence / intelligence and can frequently contribute to the development of new ideas and delivery methods for our products, and, also, is capable of working on complex customer issues where in-depth knowledge and applied skill is required.
The Consultant will also have input into the product development roadmap, based on their industry experience and on in the field client discussions and interactions.
The role holder can confidently articulate all aspects of the EclecticIQ solution and is persuasive in communicating value to the client, as well as capable of influencing client decision making criteria.
· Pre-sales: answers RFP, RFI, requirements lists, questionnaires and any other customer documents clearly and comprehensively, working collaboratively inside our company. Confidently performs product demonstrations (face to face and remotely on-line) to customers and prospects. Delivers PoC (Proof of Concept) implementations, workshops, working closely with the customer to define and test use cases and scenarios.
· Training: can deliver all levels of product training (basic, standard, advanced) to customers, both in person and remotely. Can add to our body of knowledge, not just read the slides.
· Post-sales: has a high degree of hands-on skills and undertakes and owns product implementations, customer configurations, performance tuning, etc.
· Consulting: Actively participates in delivery of a variety of projects, at all stages of engagement with the customer. Ensures customer communications and engagement are clear, timely and sustained. Can deliver both technical and business level presentations, can write / contribute to white papers, webinars, etc.
· Maintains deep domain expertise around Cyber, cyber technologies and working practices and is able to use this knowledge to help the company improve our products and market offerings, as well as professional services delivery practices.
· Works with other departments (Sales, Product, Engineering, etc) to deliver successful customer engagements, leading to happy users and high customer satisfaction
a) Must have
· Professional and personal integrity, strong ethics
· Very good communication skills, in English, written and spoken
· Minimum of five years of experience and exposure to and practice of information security (enterprise defence and/or security operations experience preferred)
· Sound knowledge (theoretical and applied) of internet technologies and information security principles and technologies
· Some hands-on skills and aptitude, to be able to do customer implementations of our software on site
· Very good people and customer facing skills, respectful, polite, helpful and friendly
· Demonstrable experience in Cyber, IT Security and Security engagements – able to articulate their own contribution and to own all / significant deliverables
· A collaborative, “can-do” positive attitude
· A willingness to continuously learn, and improve themselves as a professional and as a human being
b) Nice to have (one or more of the below)
· Reasonable hands-on skills in scripting, creating and/or modifying (e.g. Python, Shell, PERL, Powershell, etc)
· Foreign languages (e.g. European languages, Dutch, Russian, Chinese, Arabic, etc)
· A degree in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics) from a recognized and reputable higher education institution
· Security certifications, for example: CISSP, SANS GIAC, CISM, etc.
· Data analytics exposure / knowledge e.g. ELK stack, Hadoop, SPARK, etc.
· Cyber threat intelligence techniques (e.g. in collection, analysis, production dissemination, Open / Closed source, etc), most preferably as an enterprise defender / CERT / CSIRT member
· Willingness and ability to travel, including internationally
· Ability to achieve security clearances in support of business requirements