We are looking for an experienced Software Engineer as we further develop our product, a web UI / REST API-based platform built with Python 3 on top of frameworks like Flask, SQLAlchemy, and Celery. It relies on data stores like PostgreSQL and Elasticsearch. The codebase consists of several modules/libraries spread over the application.
As an ideal candidate, you have relevant experience working on large, robust, high-performance applications using similar technologies; you can responsibly build on and improve them.
- Independently build new product features and resolve issues in an Agile environment.
- Deliver work with a DevOps approach (you run the code you wrote) and compliant with the team's Definition Of Done.
- Profile Python code, write unit and integration tests, take part in performance testing.
- Perform code reviews and participate in technical design sessions with the rest of Engineering team.
- Closely collaborate with fellow Engineers and Product team members to design and implement product solutions that meet our quality criteria.
- 5+ years’ professional experience.
- 3+ years’ experience building robust applications and/or products.
- Understanding design patterns in use for modern Python development.
- Appreciation for clean code, thorough testing, and API design.
- Critical and innovative thinking.
- Demonstrable track record working with the following Python frameworks: Flask, SQLAlchemy, Celery.
- Demonstrable track record working with the following data stores: PostgreSQL, Elasticsearch.
- Demonstrable experience working with the following technologies: Linux, Git, SQL, REST, JSON, XML, HTTP.
Nice to have
- Design data models for complex data structures.
- Complex multi-tier application profiling.
- Experience with NoSQL databases in general.
- Familiarity with AWS and cloud computing concepts in general.
- Familiarity with DevOps and automation tools like Jenkins, Ansible, Hashicorp suite of tools, and other tools.