Software Technical Lead (Engineering Manager)
As an Engineering Manager at EclecticIQ, you’ll help build Teams and they are your Product.
Our teams are cross-functional and autonomous. They own commitments toward the delivery of valuable features and need to hold onto those and continuously improve. On Teams; way to deliver, decisions need to be made, co-ordination with other Teams or Departments need to happen, and problems need to be solved.
You know technology, Python specifically with front ends like React, and this will help you build your teams because you need to be credible and be able to help and govern your teams. You will be hiring, helping, safeguarding, contributing and getting the best out of the people by putting them in the best position to succeed.
EIQ XDR Platform is a large solution that helps security analysts to perform faster, better and deeper investigations of cyber threats.
As an ideal candidate, you have relevant experience working on large, robust, high-performance applications using similar technologies; you can responsibly build on and improve them.
Exposure to security domain is an added advantage.
- Hold regular 1:1's with all team members;
- Give regular and clear feedback around the individual's performance;
- Govern the Software Development Process;
- Generate and implement process improvements;
- Foster technical decision making on the team, but make final decisions when necessary;
- Make sure the team has clear Objectives set;
- Perform code reviews and participate in technical design sessions with the rest of the team;
- Make smaller hands-on contributions to both product architecture and codebase when and where required;
- Act as a Hiring Manager and seek and hire new talent when required;
- Conduct Manager interviews for candidates, and train the team to do Technical interviews;
- Improve EIQ Platform quality, security, and performance.
- 7+ years’ professional experience;
- 5+ years’ experience building robust applications and/or products;
- 3+ years’ experience in a leadership role with current technical experience;
- Solid experience with Python and Git in addition to any experience required by the position's specialty;
- DevOps mindset;
- Strong ability to manage teams and projects;
- Great diplomacy skills: regularly achieve consensus amongst departments, teams, and people;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Share our values and work in accordance with those values;
- Cross cultural and time zone sensitivity;
- Cybersecurity experience is a plus;
- Product company and or enterprise software company experience is a plus;
- Startup experience is an advantage;
- Familiarity with Postgres, Elastic Stack, AWS and cloud computing concepts, in general, is an advantage.
We offer a full-time position with a market conform salary and 16 annual holidays. On top of that, we offer an appealing annual education budget. Our teams are humble, effective, transparent and life long learners - while we love experiments and research, we are not afraid to make decisions. We are backed by international investors to build the future together!
EclecticIQ is a global threat intelligence, hunting and response technology provider. Its clients are some of the most targeted organizations, globally. To build tomorrow’s defences today, they have to understand the threats against them – and align their efforts and investments to mitigate their risks. EclecticIQ helps governments, large enterprises and service providers manage threat intelligence, create situational awareness and adopt an intelligence-led cybersecurity approach. EclecticIQ extended its focus towards hunting and response with the acquisition of Polylogyx’s endpoint technology in 2020. Founded in 2014, EclecticIQ operates globally with offices across Europe, North America, and via value-add partners.
More info: www.eclecticiq.com
In case of any questions or queries, please reach out to our Talent Management Partner at [email protected]
The selection process may include security screening and/or background checks.
All you need to do is filling out our application form below.