Senior Threat Intelligence Analyst
This role is preferably based in the Netherlands or the United Kingdom.
As our teams grow, we seek to find a Senior Threat Intelligence Analyst who joins EclecticIQ’s intelligence analyst team on the ground floor of its strategic growth and development. The ideal candidate brings a blend of senior expertise and mentorship instincts as a highly experienced threat intelligence practitioner to the team. As a seasoned author of analytic intelligence products, they conduct original research and produce reports both for customers and publicly as an expert representative of EclecticIQ.
- Conduct threat research at senior level, including publications and briefing at conferences and events on behalf of EclecticIQ;
- Lead by example for teammates in a growing team; produce original finished intelligence content based on novel findings;
- Regularly perform research, analytic writing, structuring data, and occasional assistance to other business units on intelligence issues;
- Build and maintain a professional working relationship across multiple teams in the organization (e.g. Intelligence Operations, Presales, Customer Success, Product Management).
- Industry-standard certifications/qualifications (GIAC/GCTI, CREST, etc.); or US/UK intelligence training certificates (e.g. DISAP I/II or professional certificates from the National Intelligence University, Kent School for Intelligence Analysis); or BSc in an international/political relations or intelligence/cybersecurity studies field;
- BSc may be substituted by threat research publications as evaluated by hiring managers or at least ten years of experience related to analytic writing for intelligence;
- 8+ years of experience as a cyber intelligence analyst or cyber threat researcher in a large enterprise, national government or military, and/or vendor capacity working strategic or operational global cyber threat issues;
- Structured analytic techniques / analytic writing for intelligence;
- Solid familiarity with cognitive biases and avoiding analytic pitfalls;
- Open-source research and tooling skills – (ability to identify patterns in events and information from disparate seemingly unrelated sources and use common tools to sort through information);
- Rudimentary scripting (e.g., Python, Shell script) and UNIX/Linux CLI competency;
- Understanding of theory and application of cyber threat intelligence across government or large enterprise user bases;
- Customer empathy (ability to think like the customer);
- Strong interest in mentoring others and seeing junior personnel grow;
- Excellent English verbal and oral communication skills, paired with strong briefing skills;
- Collaborative, adaptable mindset appropriate for startup environment in scale-up stage;
- Reverse engineering or malware analysis skills is a plus;
- Data mining / data analysis skills (e.g. ELK stack) is an advantage.
Working with EclecticIQ means an exceptionally challenging and dynamic industry that has a positive impact on the world. We offer a full-time position with a competitive salary, 24 annual holidays and an appealing education budget (including a corporate Coursera account). On top of that, we have a hip, home-like working place in the heart of Amsterdam where you can work with the latest technology and solve interesting problems. We are backed by international investors to build the future together!
EclecticIQ is a global threat intelligence, hunting and response technology provider. Its clients are some of the most targeted organizations, globally. To build tomorrow’s defences today, they have to understand the threats against them – and align their efforts and investments to mitigate their risks. EclecticIQ helps governments, large enterprises and service providers manage threat intelligence, create situational awareness and adopt an intelligence-led cybersecurity approach. EclecticIQ extended its focus towards hunting and response with the acquisition of Polylogyx’s endpoint technology in 2020. Founded in 2014, EclecticIQ operates globally with offices across Europe, North America, and via value-add partners.
More info: www.eclecticiq.com
In case of any questions or queries, please reach out to our Talent Management Partner at [email protected]
Just as EclecticIQ, our customers have high standards when it comes to reliability, professionalism, and integrity. Therefore, screening for integrity will be part of the application process. The procedure consists in any case of the following components:
- Identity verification;
- Checking diplomas;
- Check Curriculum Vitae;
- Certificate of Good Conduct (VOG).
By proceeding with your application, you agree to the above.
All you need to do is filling out our application form below.