Senior Software Engineer (API Integrations)
As a Senior Software Engineer at EclecticIQ, with a focus on API design, you’ll help in shaping the public interface of our large scale web app which helps cyber threat analysts to perform faster, better and deeper investigations.
You'll work closely with our Product Team and other engineers inside Feature Teams to ensure that internal and external integration needs of our platform are met. You'll drive forward the integration capabilities of our Platform and evangelize the usage of our public APIs to meet our customers' use cases. You'll participate in knowledge-share sessions within EclecticIQ to promote and share your passion for well designed APIs.
We are building our application with REST API built using Python 3 on top of frameworks like Flask, SQLAlchemy, and Celery. It relies on data stores like PostgreSQL and Elasticsearch. The codebase consists of several modules/libraries spread over the application. There is a web based UI for end users but also a lot of intensive data processing is happening in the background.
As an ideal candidate, you have relevant experience working on large, robust, high-performance applications using similar technologies; you have a passion for, and a proven track record of designing APIs and your communication and collaboration skills are excellent.
- Design, develop and maintain Python and HTTP-based APIs;
- Closely collaborate with fellow Engineers and Product team members to design and implement product solutions that meet our quality criteria;
- Design and develop API contract test plans and collaborate with QA teams to implement effective testing strategies;
- Provide technical support for partners utilizing our APIs;
- Evangelize and promote EclecticIQ public APIs and integration strategies internally and to the broader community;
- Perform code reviews and participate in technical design sessions with the rest of Engineering team.
- 5+ years’ professional experience;
- 3+ years’ experience designing Python and HTTP/RESTful APIs;
- Understanding design patterns in use for modern Python development;
- Appreciation for clean code, thorough testing, and API design;
- Critical and innovative thinking;
- Demonstrable track record working with the following Python frameworks: Flask, SQLAlchemy, Celery;
- Demonstrable track record working with the following data stores: PostgreSQL, Elasticsearch;
- Demonstrable experience working with the following technologies: Linux, Git, SQL, REST, JSON, XML, HTTP, WSGI;
- Design data models for complex data structures are advantageous;
- Complex multi-tier application profiling is a plus;
- Familiarity with AWS and cloud computing concepts in general is an advantage;
- Familiarity with DevOps and automation tools like Jenkins, Ansible, Hashicorp suite of tools, and other tools is a plus.
We offer a full-time position with a market conform salary. Besides our 24 annual holidays, we have a remote-friendly work environment.
On top of that, we have a hip, home-like working place in the heart of Amsterdam where you can work with (and build) the latest technology. Our teams are fast running, effective and transparent - while we love experiments and research, we are not afraid to make decisions. We are backed by international investors to build the future together!
EclecticIQ (2014) enables intelligence-powered cybersecurity for government organizations, commercial enterprises and MSSPs. We develop analyst-centric products and services that align our clients’ cybersecurity focus with their threat reality. The result is intelligence-led security, improved detection and prevention, and cost-efficient security investments.
Our flagship product EclecticIQ Platform is based on open standards STIX and TAXII and enables consolidation, analysis, integration and collaboration on intelligence from multiple sources - whether they are freely available, commercial or part of industry partnerships.. We tightly integrated our solutions with our customers’ IT security controls and systems.
EclecticIQ Platform gathers intelligence from diverse sources, enables collaborative internal workflows, integrates with enterprise security technologies, and supports secure exchanges with external information-sharing communities.
EclecticIQ operates globally with offices in Amsterdam, London, Reston (VA, US) and Moldova. At EclecticIQ every employee makes a difference.
Learn more at www.eclecticiq.com
In case of any questions or queries, please reach out to our Talent Acquisition and Development specialist on [email protected]
The selection process may include security screening and/or background checks.
All you need to do is filling out our application form below.